CLAWs Forums » About this forum

Welcome to the CLAWs Forums

(23 posts)
  • Started 17 years ago by hodgestar
  • Latest reply from confluence
  1. To create an account, click on the register button.

If you want to volunteer to be a moderator or administrator, drop me a line in a reply to this topic. The only criteria for being a moderator is that others are generally happy with your moderation. Being an administrator has the additional requirements that I trust your judgement and consider you technically competent. :)

If you want to make a better theme, theme away and get the results to me or Gnome.

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. OOPMan

A test. Yeah, I'd be interested in moderating, since it is CLAWs :-)

Posted 17 years ago #
  3. Congratulations OOPMan, you're a moderator. :)

P.S. What a bizarre real name you have. :P

Posted 17 years ago #
  4. Apparently Lucas is doing some theming.

Should we notify the hordes, or wait until it looks prettier?

Posted 17 years ago #
  5. dystopia
    code monkey

we all know how bizarre he is, so his bizarre real name shouldn't surprise us

man, what a relief to be able to type in lower case without moderators coming down like a ton heavy things. there will still be grammar nazis, but i can cope with that

Posted 17 years ago #
  6. You and d@vid can start an e e cummings guild...

Posted 17 years ago #
  7. Synkronos

Yo yo. I'd be happy to mod as well if people will have me

Posted 17 years ago #
  8. Synkronos

Edit: I get to choose who gets to have me tho.

And this would have been an edit on the post above, if the edit functionality worked.

Posted 17 years ago #
  9. Moderator screen turn on!

We'll look into that edit functionality.

Posted 17 years ago #
  10. dystopia
    code monkey

an e e cummings guild, i'm afraid not. i don't listen to hip hop.

wow, all the things that people complain about in other fora. we have had a on liner, a double post and i have gone off topic

Posted 17 years ago #
  11. This thread is looking like the CLAWs IRC channel: Moderator, Administrator, Administrator, Administrator, Moderator, Moderator.

Posted 17 years ago #
  12. Me too

Posted 17 years ago #
  13. A/S/L? :)

me too (re: administrator topic)

Hello, my real name is Inigo Montoya, you flamed my father, prepare to die.

(forum does not accept "d@vid" as a username so I'm sticking to "kwill" until Real Name stuff is enabled)

Posted 17 years ago #
  14. DarkOutThere
    prolific poster

Why are you so deturnmined to have real names? what really difference does it make?

sorry needed a slightly rant there.

Posted 17 years ago #
  15. I'm not. I don't think it matters what username you use if I know who you are anyway (and as you can see I prefer pseudonymous usernames), and I don't even mind if n00bs affect an aura of mystery when they join. But we've already had a looooong and spirited discussion about this on cthfuchsia. :)

My view is: this is a forum for CLAWs, we all know each other (or at least know that we're all current, former, auxilliary or maybe potential members of CLAWs), so keeping your identity secret here would be kinda... weird. But that's a separate issue from what username you choose, since you can easily write your real name (or just your first name) in your profile. I'm not fussy about whether people use my username or my first name on the forum; feel free to call me Adrianna.

Apparently the different fields in the user profiles are stored as tag/value pairs in the database, so it should be easy to extend them to other custom fields, like "real name" and "time spent in CLAWs". In the meantime, I've filed all that under "interests", which is totally inappropriate, but whatever.

Posted 17 years ago #
  16. OOPMan

Hehehe, when in Rome, hodge...

Anyway, I'll settle for real name info available to logged in members via user profiles...

Also, isn't this a test run?

Posted 17 years ago #
  17. DarkOutThere
    prolific poster

i second the real name details for the logged in... :)

Posted 17 years ago #
  18. WombatBoy

Me logging in. I assume everybody knows who I am.

I'm indifferent to real names. I would prefer to not have to give mine out though.

I'm happy to be an editor! Well, otherwise I will feel all left out. :(

Posted 17 years ago #
  19. FadeToBlack

Well, I think it boils down to notoriety in some cases :) I'm very much happy to remain in the rabble and act as arrow-fodder.

Posted 17 years ago #
  20. ironic how many are for a real name, yet I see no posts under a 'real' name...
    Or al we all deep in character?

Posted 17 years ago #
  21. Yancke

I have arrived. You may proceed to bow and grovel.

NOW.

Posted 17 years ago #
  22. OOPMan

That the best you can do?

Posted 17 years ago #
  23. He's at a -5 penalty, because you can't bad-touch people over the internet. :D

Posted 17 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.