CLAWs Forums » Card Games

Vampire - Nosferatu and Assamits

(3 posts)
  • Started 16 years ago by Oliver
  • Latest reply from hodgestar

Tags:

1. Oliver

Hello!

I am considering to buy the Vampire card game and since I am a fan of the Nosferatu and also the Assamits it is very likely that I will decide for one of these two groups.
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of these two?
    And how expensive will it be to get a nice deck with which I can work?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. If you want to start play VtES, the best option is to buy a starter deck. They're not likely to win a tournament straight out of the box, but they're generally quite solid decks and can be made quite competitive with a little tuning. You're looking at paying about a R100 for a starter deck at the moment.

The upside to starting VtES is that card rarity seems to be determined based on how widely used designers think a card is going to be (usuable by lots of decks -> common, usuable by few decks -> rare) rather than making powerful cards rare (which seems to always have been the MtG philosophy).

The downside is that because of all the clans and disciplines you're not likely to be able to use most of the cards in the typical booster if you only have one deck. On the other hand you can always trade the extra cards to others for ones you can use.

You can find a list of pre-constructed decks at http://www.thelasombra.com/decks.htm.

Recent expansions which have Nosferatu pre-constructed decks: Camarilla Edition, Black Hand (Nosferatu Antitribu). Final Nights was the most recent expansion to have a pre-constructed Assamite deck (you may still be able to find it available online, not guaranteed though).

The Nosferatu and Assamite aren't the easiest clans to make killer decks from. The Nosferatu have Obfuscate, Potence and Animalism which gives them stealth but no bleed enhancement, and some decent combat but no damage prevention and no real way to make damage stick (they're very vulnerable to cards for dodging and ending combat). The Assamites have quite a lot of options but Quietus cards are less common than cards for the more core disciplines.

There is a small local community of VtES players. The mailing list is probably the easiest way to get hold of people to play with: vtes-ct at yahoogroups dot com.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. You'll be happy to know that the next expansion for VtES, Lords of the Night, will include an Assamite starter deck.

See: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=Checklist_LordsOfTheNight

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.