CLAWs Forums » Tabletop RPGs

Player seeks group

(10 posts)

Tags:

1. Oliver

Hello folks!

I am so glad that I got the tipp from the people at this fantasy shop in Strand Street.

I am a 28 years old student from Germany who is looking for a rpg group in Cape Town especially since I am staying her til the end of september.
    I mastered 7th Sea for several years but dumped the system because I was tired of it. The same for SLA Industries.
    I've got experience with D&D, SR (but I am playing only the 4th version), Vampire (preferably the nWoD), Serenity RPG and The Dark Eye (although I don't like it that much).

It is difficult for me to name a game I won't play. I like SF, Fantasy, Horror, Conspiracy,... Ok, the Star Wars setting is something I don't like.

My style of playing is storytelling. I like action and conspiracies, intrigues and such things. Hack'n Slay can be nice.

I am looking for a group which is not taking part on tuesday or thursday because then I am out for Salsa lessons.

If there is a group which has still some place free for another player, contact me, plz.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. Hi, Oliver,

I suggest that you also subscribe to the Cthulist -- it's our announcement mailing list, and a lot of information about games goes there.

Instructions for subscribing are here: http://claws.uct.ac.za/TheTome/CLAWsMailingLists

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. Hi Oliver,

My group may have an opening, give me shout at chad AT setshaba DOT com and we can chat to see if it would be a good fit.
    Exams are about to begin so gaming might be a bit less vigorous for a while, but it cant hurt to get in touch :)

Cheers,
    Chad

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. Oliver

Thanks man! Sounds very good what you are doing.

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. Hi

My name is Stacey and I'm also looking for a group most desperately.
    I'll play just about anything, D&D, Cthullu, WoD, Aberrant, Exalted you name it really, I'll play it. There's a lot of stuff I have'nt played yet, always up for new experiences.

I'll try the website mentioned above, but I would really like to play asap. I was in Stellenbosch until recently, played a lot down there, but all the friends are far far away now.

Name the day and I can probably play.

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. Hey Stacey,

Give me shout on the above address and we can talk, their seems to be lot of interest at the moment, which is good because it cant hurt to meet more interested players.

Cheers,
    C

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. Oliver

Hello Stacey!

Me and Dirk want to meet tomorrow in Dubliner's, Long Str. for a beer and getting to know each other. You can join us if you want.
    We meet at 17:30.

Cheers

Oliver

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. Yes sure. Dont know if you'll get this in time. I'm brown haired. Will be wearing jeans, black top over an orange turtle neck. I'll hang around a while and hope to see you. This sort of thing can be a bit awkward as I dont know what you look like. lol

Will be there just after 5 or so.

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. Hi Stacey,

I wear glasses, brown long hair (pony tail), also in jeans and I have a goatee. See you later - I know what you mean about the awkward thing, but hopefully it wont be too bad.

Cheers,
    Chad

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. Yo! Guys, are we going to meet again? I am in need of some campaigning. I also want to run a campaign if anyone's interested... I am in serious love with the Forgotten Realms, have been for many a year, have yet to run a campaign in it and have only played in one so far. No lavender eyed drow for me though, I'd like to explore the lesser known regions and legends on the FRealms.

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.