CLAWs Forums » Events

Monday games?

(8 posts)
  • Started 17 years ago by Ravenna
  • Latest reply from Dirk_Sinister

Tags:

1. Hi again,

term has started and we're looking for players and DMs for Monday Mayhem games (LARPs and tabletop games). If you're at all interested, give me a shout and we'll make a plan! We're also planning on running another KAOS, open to all of UCT, some time before exams. More to follow.

Cheers,
    CLAWthing

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. Hi Ravenna,
    I am not currently a CLAW member, but studying at UCT (3rd year Fine Art at Michaelis on Hiddingh). I joined the soc 2005 but never seemed to be able to get round to upper campus to meet the people...

Anyway, I saw your post and thought I find more about what has been happening. I GM for an ad-hoc group and we are currently running Spirit of Century, a pulp RPG (our take on it being a kind of Hellboy meets Sin City hybrid) as well as various other indie and regular RPG’s. I also do a bit rpg game design as a hobby - you can check out some of my designs in progress at my site http://www.strangeflesh.net

I would be interested GMing/playing in on some games. How does Monday mayhem work?
    Cheers,
    Chad

Posted 17 years ago #
  3. Almost forgot - I can be reached here: chad AT setshaba DOT com

Posted 17 years ago #
  4. Hi, Chad,

As you may have noticed, the forum is a bit sparsely updated. ;)

The idea behind Monday Mayhem is to run informal once-off sessions with changing DMs and players, so that new people (and busy people) can commit to one night at a time rather than a weekly campaign, newbie players can try new systems, and DMs can experiment with indie games, vague campaign ideas, etc.

GMs with stuff to run are usually in shorter supply than players willing to play -- if you would be willing to run something on a MM night, I'm sure players would be found, and this would probably be a good way to meet people and arrange to play in someone else's game. It might be a good idea to mail the CLAWthing (address given here); I'm not sure how frequently she checks back here.

I'm not sure how you found the forum, but there are also mailing lists. the most useful one is the Cthulist, which is an announcement list -- LARPs and other events are posted to it.

Posted 17 years ago #
  5. Hi Confluence,

I found the forum through the CLAWs website, and yes it did look pretty dormant :)
    Thanks for info - will send Ravenna a mail. MM night sounds ideal, as I love pickup games, and I enjoy GMing.

Thanks, and Cheers,
    Chad

Posted 17 years ago #
  6. The CLAWthing checks back a lot, besides she has the forum on an RSS feed (although at the moment her computer is dying). ;)

Yes, we need and want new DMs all the time! If you want to run something, send me a mail with a brief outline, number of players needed and Mondays preferred (usually the sooner the better). We'll arrange everything else from there, including tasty snacks.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Posted 17 years ago #
  7. jettlogic

Hey the new theme for the forum is sweet! I just keep an RSS feed for it. Keep posted on the games, may make a trip to upper campus for some.

/me wonders if a how-to announcement on putting the forum feed into Firefox (live bookmark) or Thunderbird, or IE7 (?) would get non-newsreader-using people seeing the posts.

Posted 17 years ago #
  8. Hi There,

I just sent you a mail with details. Looking forward to it!

Cheers,
    Chad

Posted 17 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.