CLAWs Forums » Tabletop RPGs

Looking for RPG group near CBD

(4 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by ironiclogic
  • Latest reply from ironiclogic
  1. ironiclogic

I am looking to join an RPG group for regular gaming. 30-something age range, flexible about what system and keen to try out something new. Also interested in boardgaming so let me know if your group needs another member. I'm in the CBD so I'd prefer to hook up with groups close by.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. akika

We have space for another player in our Unknown Armies campaign, which we play near the Gardens centre. Zac's dming, so email him about it: zacharia [dot] crumley [at] gmail [dot] com

We play on Mondays, but are on hiatus till 7 Jan.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Wow, someone *does* still read this forum! ;)

ironiclogic: if you don't get many responses here, you can try subscribing to the announcement list: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/claws_uct

It's moderated, but if you send an announcement it should get through.

There are also weekly gaming evenings at UCT on Wednesdays. They might be on hiatus for the holidays, and they're mostly used for boardgames, but people are usually keen to roleplay if there's an opportunity, and you can meet people there and try to organise something.

Lots of people contact us looking to play in an existing campaign, but few people offer to run one. If you're willing to GM, even if you just do a test run with a short campaign, I'm sure you'd find a lot of people who were interested if you advertised it (here and on the list).

Good luck! :)

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. ironiclogic

Thanks, Akika. I will be in touch. I am right near Gardens Centre so that would be perfect. Never played Unknown Armies but always open to something new!

@ confluence: Yeah, looks like you still get the occasional straggler who pops out of L-Space or some other vortex and winds up here! Actually, a lot of peeps seem to think CLAWs is the go-to place for all things RPG in Cape Town. Which is great, cos look how well it works! I can possibly get into refereeing games at a later stage but first I want to ease into RPGs again. Will definitely check in later tho. Thanks for the advice.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.