CLAWs Forums » Tabletop RPGs

Looking for a bunch of hairless apes to play with

(3 posts)
  • Started 14 years ago by Jonny Pnumatic
  • Latest reply from Jonny Pnumatic
  1. Jonny Pnumatic

One hairless ape seeking similar for D&D or role playing table top games.. just moved from Mordor (Joeys) and have been missing gaming, I can play most weeknights and the whole of Sunday and most Saturdays. I am an oldie 37, and would like to play with the older crowd if possible.

Thanks
    :)

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. Hi, Jonny

I don't know how many oldies keep an eye on the forum (and it's a bit dead in general). I strongly recommend that you 1) subscribe to claws_uct, the new CLAWs announcement list (http://claws.za.net/TheTome/CLAWsMailingLists) and 2) come to Dragonfire (http://claws.za.net/Dragonfire2009/Dragonfire2009) in August.

claws_uct is where announcements of CLAWs events get posted, so it's the best way to find out about LARPs and new campaigns. In general younger members are more active on the list, but there's a wide distribution of ages in the Cape Town LARPing population: venerable older members are often asked to playtest new LARPs (because of their vast prior experience. ;)). And some venerable older members play in normal runnings too. You can usually find out from the person running the LARP what kind of fellow LARPers you can expect. LARPs are one-night once-off events, so they're a good way of meeting new people without committing to a continuing campaign.

Dragonfire is the annual CLAWs con up at UCT -- ostensibly people arrive in teams of four plus a DM and DMs are swopped around, but you can show up by yourself and form a team with some other singletons (there are usually a lot of them). Just make sure you arrive early enough in the morning to sign up and get assigned to a team.

Hope to see you around! :)

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. Jonny Pnumatic

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.