CLAWs Forums » About this forum

Forum style issues

(21 posts)
  • Started 17 years ago by confluence
  • Latest reply from StormMaker

Tags:

1. In galeon (built against mozilla): the floating box with logged-in user details (on the right) is overlapping the main box which contains everything else.

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. Whoa, so is the box underneath it, which contains info about the thread.

Posted 17 years ago #
  3. Seems to happen in Firefox 1.5.0.5 too. Btw, thanks for working on the restyling -- it looks like it's going to be pretty cool.

Posted 17 years ago #
  4. Dystopia: when you edited template-functions.php you undid my post editing fix. I've put it back now. Also, beware of DOS line endings. :)

Posted 17 years ago #
  5. dystopia
    code monkey

thanks for the feedback. i'm aware of the overlapping issue, after checking at work. my laptop has a widescreen, so it shows the box on the right as being a bit away from the main content. i will fix this tonight, and make some the rest of the changes i have in mind. if there are any other suggestions, please let me know

p.s i want to move the post title to under the bread crumbs. however, i can't find where it is set

Posted 17 years ago #
  6. OOPMan

Woah, crazy floaty shit in Opera 9...

Posted 17 years ago #
  7. dystopia
    code monkey

i have had a major rethink of how things should be done, and i think that it might jsut work this time. there should be fewer hacks, even for ie, and things should degrade gracefully. well, this should be true once i have finished. however, i have a six o'clock deployment tomorrow, so i can't do as much as i would like to tonight. watch this space, we should be ready sometime this week. latest middle of next week

bluegh

Posted 17 years ago #
  8. Whoa, floaty thingy overlaps the edit box in Galeon/Mozilla as well.

I think I liked the floaty thingy more when it was on the left. Either way, you should probably put all the boxes in the main body in one big div, to make it easier to have two columns.

Posted 17 years ago #
  9. dystopia
    code monkey

ok, so that last post may have been slightly innaccurate. i have now got something that actually works, and that i'm happy with. the main page and the post page have a mostly working layout. there will be some tweaks to these pages and all other pages, but the main issues have been seen to

Posted 17 years ago #
  10. Request: can you make the dividing line between the threadauthor div and the threadpost div a dark grey, or dashed/dotted, or both, so that it's visibly lighter than the lines which divide posts? Even though alternating posts have different background colours, it's still a bit distracting if those lines have equal weight.

Posted 17 years ago #
  11. Also, edit buttons (or were they links?) for existing posts seem to have disappeared!

Posted 17 years ago #
  12. OOPMan

Nice work with the styles dystopia. Things are looking much better now. Floaty boxes have disappeared and the layout seems pretty stable :-)

Posted 17 years ago #
  13. dystopia
    code monkey

links are back, no floaty boxes, things stuffed into divs to make bits go in the right place. most fonts and font sizes are uniform. edit buttons have returned (the theory behind their disappearance was the strange # that is next to the post info, which does absolutely nothing. but, i have hidden it in all civilised browsers) and the lines for the post author ar grey. i have somehow managed to remove the alternating colours for the posts and i am too tired to care at the moment, but they shall return soon

update: i have just noticed that the grey line for the post author should probably have padding like the grey line for the post data. and the edit page looks a bit weird, now that i'm here. these will be dealt with in the path being released tomorrow or tuesday

update again: how do people feel about the 0.0xx - y queries at the bottom of every page? i am keen to hide them, as they irk me

Posted 17 years ago #
  14. Synkronos

Hide ;)

Posted 17 years ago #
  15. Yeah, hide. I don't feel a burning need to know the server response time. :P

I like the posts being in separate boxes; it makes the divisions more clear. Bringing the alternating colours would be cool, although not strictly necessary.

In general, the forum looks pretty. Yay!

Posted 17 years ago #
  16. OOPMan

Of note, the forum loads up pretty well in Opera Mini :-)

Posted 17 years ago #
  17. dystopia
    code monkey

new vote:

i would like to get rid of all the »s

update: admins, and possibly moderators, i know the box around the bits below the post details box doesn't have a border. i don't know where it went, i will go looking for it soon

Posted 17 years ago #
  18. OOPMan

Get rid of the whats?

Erm, I suppose...

Anyway, do you think we can let the general populace in on the forum yet?

Posted 17 years ago #
  19. What of a FAQ for the non computer 'how the flamming hobbit testicles' do I use this forum, people.

Something speak to pot plant lvl Int such as what is: tag, style and bug

mmm makes me want to click on them, so shiny, so shiny

Posted 17 years ago #
  20. OOPMan

Aaaah...

Tag: A keyword used for describing a topic. Kinda like when you google, you use keywords...

Style: The way the forum looks...

Bug: A problem with the forum...

As for usage, if you can reply then you already know 90% of all there is to know ;-)

Posted 17 years ago #
  21. Cool

Thanks OOPMan

good to know there is a good man in margate!

Posted 17 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.