CLAWs Forums » Tabletop RPGs

Fantasy modules on Monday the 28th of Feb

(3 posts)
  • Started 13 years ago by confluence
  • Latest reply from confluence
  1. Hello,

I have two fantasy modules which I can run on Monday. They are both similar in tone -- closer to gritty low fantasy than to epic high fantasy -- and both use the cut-down free system called The Window (http://www.mimgames.com/window/), which emphasizes storytelling over stats.

The "Mini Mine Module" is (at least in theory) short and simple, and aimed at complete beginners to roleplaying. "By the Rivers Dark" is a full-length Dragonfire convention module, but it doesn't really require any roleplaying experience either. Here are the blurbs:

----

Mini Mine Module:

An elf, a dwarf, an orc and a goblin walk into an inn.

Well, it's not really an inn. It's a house where people come to get drunk. There isn't much else to do in Saltmine these days. It used to be a nice town, you know -- before the salt ran out, and they built that new pass over the mountain. Now no-one has any reason to come here, and the population drops lower every winter.

The four intrepid travellers all have places they would much rather be -- but an unforeseen complication may be about to extend their stay.

----

By the Rivers Dark:

The country estate of Lord Payne has mostly been unaffected by the distant war between the city of Blackwater and its neighbour -- but the lord's son and most of his men-at-arms are away at the front. That leaves very few retainers to investigate the fate of the reclusive herbalist Altus after his blood-spattered messenger pigeon arrives at Payne Castle. Is the nearby village of Red Creek once again threatened by mercenary bandits? It's up to your unlikely expedition to find out.

----

Each module needs four players, and four is the number of players that it needs.

Please RSVP (by emailing me at adrianna dot pinska at gmail dot com) if you would be interested in playing or DMing, and indicate which module you prefer. I'm treating this like a LARP sign-up -- please make a firm commitment! I will undertake to find enough extra players and DMs so that anyone who is interested is able to play.

You can spontaneously pitch up on the night if you want to, and if the right number of DMs, modules and players is available you will of course be able to play, but if there is an issue people who RSVPd will get preference.

See you on Monday! :D

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. (Sorry; in case it's not obvious, I mean I can run them at the weekly module day. 18:00, R.W. James room L.)

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Official sign-ups are now closed -- I will be running the "Mini Mine Module". I will have a spare copy of "By the Rivers Dark" for someone else to run if there are enough people.

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.