CLAWs Forums » Events

DRAGONFIRE 2007

(2 posts)
  • Started 16 years ago by Ravenna
  • Latest reply from confluence
  1. Hello,

There's a month and a bit to go before Dragonfire, and we're still looking for some (preferably new) modules and LARPs to run.

If you have any long-unplayed games, or something brand new you've planned or written, or something gleaned at ICON, we'd all be delighted if you could present it to us for running.

Please let me know what you can make available as soon as possible, so I can start planning the schedule.

AND GET WRITING ON YOUR CLAWMARKS ARTICLES! ;)

Anna

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. Suggestion: a small LARP is easier to write than a big LARP; someone could write a LARP for fewer than 10 people and run it twice, concurrently. If two or more people collaborate, they can split up to DM both LARPs simultaneously.

Someone other than me would have to do it, though -- I'm already preparing a module and tweaking another LARP.

If you've never written a LARP before, it'll be a lot easier if 1) it's small and 2) you work with other people. There are people around who, while they may not have time to write with you, will have time to give you LARP-writing tips. I don't have writing time, but I always have forum advice time. ;)

You should play-test your LARP before running it "for real", to catch and fix any glaring problems. If it's small, it will be easier to do this without eating your entire player pool.

* "A Falling Out", also known as "Bunker", is an old CLAWs favourite, and I think it's only got 8 players -- small LARPs have the potential to be very cool.
    * A number of people got together a few months ago to try to write a (normal-sized) collaborative LARP. The effort eventually died because there were lots of people and some of them moved out of town, but the theory is sound. "Cedar Falls" was written collaboratively by four of five people. Lots of other LARPs have been written by two or three people -- not really with as much separation between the writers' individual work, but usually some people end up working more on certain characters and subplots.

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.