CLAWs Forums » Tabletop RPGs

DMs' Dinner

(23 posts)
  • Started 16 years ago by hodgestar
  • Latest reply from StormMaker

Tags:

1. Confluence and I will be hosting a DMs' Dinner at our place on Friday, 6 July 2007. This is your chance to sit down with other DMs and talk roleplaying.

Have questions you'd like to ask other DMs? Stories you'd like to tell? Having trouble with some aspect of your game? Want to share what's worked for you? And what hasn't? Stuck for plot ideas? Designing your own system? As long as it's related to DMing, anything goes.

I imagine we'll start off with a short round of introductions where people let us know where they're coming from - what systems they've played or DMed, what they're running at the moment, that sort of thing.

To be eligible to attend you'll need to:

• Have DMed something.
    • Bring a small plate of eats and something to drink.

If you're interested, email me at hodgestar -at- gmail -dot- com and I'll send you directions. I imagine we'll start at around 19:00 and aim to finish whenever we run out of things to discuss. :) Confluence and I will supply additional food and drinks and various warm beverages.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. This sounds like a great idea.

Just sent you a mail, cheers,
    Chad

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. Oliver

Although I haven't run a game here yet I am interested in meeting other DMs from here.
    So I am interested.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. Would be great to come and meet the youngings

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. dystopia
    code monkey

storm dude, that sentence left all sort of weird feelings in me. aside from the fact that we know one another, you would include me in that. yet at the same time, i share the sentiment. i don't want to be old

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. DarkOutThere
    prolific poster

You're not old dystopia, look at hodgestar, now he's old :P, but it's an interesting idea. hmm must really get round to sending that email out about my game... sighs and goes back to work.

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. Agrippa

Old. Pffft.

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. Oliver: You'll need to email me if you want to attend.

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. Oliver

@Hodgestar
    I'd love to but where is your adress?

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. Oliver: Read the last paragraph of my announcement of the dinner.

Posted 16 years ago #
  11. I'd love to attend but I'll be in China. Maybe there's be another such evening sometime when I get back in 3 months. *sigh*

Posted 16 years ago #
  12. Oliver

Oops!

Posted 16 years ago #
  13. DarkOutThere
    prolific poster

I think that will depend on how this one goes. Biggest problem is going to be ok so I'm in your game, so you cant really talk about things about it that I dont know, and you are in my game so I have the same problem. Hmm so the weather has been rather cold lately hasn't it?

Posted 16 years ago #
  14. DarkOutThere: Don't worry, we can just send you, dystopia and Mike to the kitchen to make tea.

Posted 16 years ago #
  15. dystopia
    code monkey

i'm not sure that mike would want to watch us 'make tea'. maybe he could play with the cats

Posted 16 years ago #
  16. DarkOutThere
    prolific poster

How would that help anyway? You are in Confluence's game so is dystopia, she is in yours, you are all in my larp, dystopia is going to be in my cthulu game. Who else is going? I think the only one who can currently talk about their game is Mike. So its turning from a disussion about the weather to a monolog by Mike? Well at least when it comes to current games.

Dystopia: Mike's allergic to cats.

Posted 16 years ago #
  17. People who need to discuss privileged information can get timeslices in the kitchen.

In other news, I'm keen to make a CLAWmarks article out of this; we could try to take minutes. :)

Posted 16 years ago #
  18. DarkOutThere
    prolific poster

Ahh I see, and interesting. I'm sure Anna would be over the moon :)

Posted 16 years ago #
  19. I sort of already implied I'd look into it... :D

Posted 16 years ago #
  20. DarkOutThere
    prolific poster

I know, I'm just teasing, and I have another game we can't talk about, dystopia and I are in Garrick's Gotham by Night game.

Posted 16 years ago #
  21. dystopia
    code monkey

i think it is more likely that we will have to discuss high level, conceptual things. with no examples from currently running games. all examples will have to be from previous games, or things that have already run their course

i can use my mp3 player to record all game relevant things that i say or are said near me, if that helps

Posted 16 years ago #
  22. Oliver

Hey folks! I am looking forward to our meeting today.
    Is anyone here passing through Tamberskloef or Gardens and has some room left in his or her car?

Posted 16 years ago #
  23. Shizzzer

I missed it

Report back?

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.