CLAWs Forums » Tabletop RPGs

Call for interest: Weekly Farscape tabletop campaign

(9 posts)
  • Started 15 years ago by confluence
  • Latest reply from corvus
  1. Hello there, forum lurkers

I'm toying with the idea of starting a Farscape campaign. The concept is still in its very early stages; I want to get the sourcebook, plan out some stuff, etc.. I would probably use a custom system instead of d20 (which is what the sourcebook from AEG uses). The campaign theme would probably be something on the lines of "fugitives on the run". :)

This will probably only happen next year sometime. In the meantime, I'd like to find out how many people have watched Farscape (or would like to watch it / watch more of it (let me know)) and would be interested in playing in the setting. Please leave a comment below if you're keen.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. Count me in. :)

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. I may be interested. I have not watched Farscape, but it sounds vaguely like my kind of thing.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. Charlie

I'm interested. I am not involved in any roleplaying campaigns atm - and haven't been since I left P.E. in mid-2008.

My schedule is completely dominated by that OTHER notorious UCT soc: the Ballroom soc., so it would depend on the time and place.

... also, I am not a student - I work from 09h00 to 17h00.

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. Lol! Since I posted this six months ago, my thought-to-be-dead campaign was resurrected, and I am currently hoping to run it until a satisfying conclusion occurs (probably for a few more months in realtime). I don't know if I have the stamina to run two campaigns simultaneously, but I am still keen to return to the Farscape idea when my current campaign wraps up. After years of DMing and playing L5R, I'm really looking forward to something completely different. Space opera, yay! ;)

I will post an update here when I'm actually ready to run this again.

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. Is the campaign going to be in RL or on forum because I'm looking for a specifically forum based game . . . So I am interested but only really in a forum game.

I used to watch Farscape when i was younger but would probably need to rewatch it.

Posted 14 years ago #
  7. It'll be a RL game, I'm afraid.

I should probably do something with that sci-fi forum game I almost-but-not-quite ran. :/

Posted 14 years ago #
  8. Kalmor

I'd be interested in joining. Also work all day long (9am - 6pm), but most evenings are free at the moment. Weekends can sometimes be a problem for me what with having to do alot of after hours work for my job.

I loved Farscape and have every single episode as well as the follow on made for TV movie that they made after the series was cancelled.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to RPG's though, so you'd have to go easy on me at first. ;)

Posted 14 years ago #
  9. corvus

I might be interested, but am also a corporate drone. Also busy some weeknights.

As far as systems go, why not try unisystem (all flesh must be eaten/witchraft/armageddon/conspiracyx2)? I have an expansion called "All Tomorrow's Zombies" which deals with scifi settings using unisystem.

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.