CLAWs Forums » CLAWs Tech

bbPress Page Caching Issue

(5 posts)
  • Started 17 years ago by hodgestar
  • Latest reply from dystopia
  1. Hi. If you experience the bbPress caching issue (which sees to manifest as needing to refresh the page in order to see something you've just posted or as bbPress sometimes showing you as being logged in under the wrong username) please post you browser details to this thread along with the symptoms.

I already have details from Oopman and Synkronos:

Opera 9.01
    Firefox 1.5.0.6

Also if you have any thoughts about what the underlying cause might be, please post. I might be helpful if people whose browsers don't show the issue post too.

Galeon 2.0.1 compiled against Firefox 1.5.0 (seems fine)
    Galeon 2.0.1 compiled against Mozilla 1.7.12 (seems fine)

I'm not 100% certain this is a browser issue. It may be an ISP or configuration issue, or even something weirder.

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. No problems:
    Firefox 1.5.0.6 Win32 on WinXP SP2
    IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp.050301-1521 on WinXP SP2

Posted 17 years ago #
  3. Hmm. Firefox seems to work for Gnome and me, but not for Synkronos, so I think we can rule out it always happening with Firefox 1.5.

Synkronos: Do you have an Firefox extensions installed which you think might be affecting it? Or any special settings. In about:config, browser.cache.check_doc_frequency should be set to 3 (the default, refetch if the page is out of date) or 1 (always refetch). 0 (never refetch) and 2 (fetch once each session) would cause problems. I think that's the only relevant config option.

Posted 17 years ago #
  4. Synkronos

check_doc_frequency is set to 3

Posted 17 years ago #
  5. dystopia
    code monkey

i have been having caching issues with firefox, since a much earlier version, at work. i think that it is a combination of firefox and something nurmras has setup. i don't seem to have the same problem with ie6 at work

Posted 17 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.