CLAWs Forums » Tabletop RPGs

Vampire Requiem for Rome

(35 posts)
  • Started 16 years ago by Morgalahan
  • Latest reply from Morgalahan
  1. Hi

I'm looking for a few players for a campaign set in the new world of darkness vampire rome. I recently got the book, and I'm still thinking up ideas so there's no insane rush, but I need players based on how often you can play, where you live and how commitment orientated you are. I need people who wont drop out at the last minute and will be there if they say that they're going to play.

My GM style is more story based. I like to follow the rules, but will allow some degrees of rule-bending provided that you can convince me of something cool. I try to tailor the game to what my players want, but you need to be able to get incvolved with the story and not loose interest if there's no action for an hour or 2.

I'd like to play 2-3 times a month depending on my free time and my players free time, and I enjoy long sessions that sometimes lead to sleeping over. Or, playing over as it were...:D

I want to start with the next month sometime...

please let me know here or email me at
    morglahan@yahoo.com

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. this place is completely dead...with no chance of ressurection...

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. More like undead. I know some people who are keen for vampire let me just grab some details and get back to you.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. It was in torpor, and waiting for someone to pay 2 pool to rescue it. ;)

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. heh, old rules man, I gots teh new WoD...pay 1 vitae...:D

I'm about a 3rd of the way thru the manual and some awesome ideas are forming. It's an amazing setting and deserves some good players. Rome is, amazingly perfect for vampires, and the setting has been veeeeery well designed. Set about 360 BCE or AD...

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. level

Hi Morgalahan, I would love to play some Vampire.
    I am quite experienced with the game but played using GURPS Vampire rules.
    I agree that Rome would be a great setting and am very keen to get involved if you still have space for players. Please let me know.
    Nick@myagent.co.za

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. Chat to Ian about keen vampire players as he should have contact details.

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. Ian? Uh, havent been on this site long enough to know people...maybe you could elaborate and say how I would go about chatting to him?

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. I pointed Ian to this thread; now that we've said his name three times...

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. Herald

Hey, I heard my name got mentioned, so here I am. I know of two people who are interested in a vampire game. My contact details can be found under my profile on the wiki, so message me your details and any pertinent information and I will pass it on to those who are interested.

Posted 16 years ago #
  11. *sigh* I'm such a noob...how do I look at your profile on the wiki? umm, how do you type Drizzt in leet...

my email is morgalahan@yahoo.com

Posted 16 years ago #
  12. Go look at Profiles/Herald; you can search for Herald using the wiki search and it will come up.

You shouldn't need to type Drizzt in l33t anymore; that was an edit password we put on something that got vandalized, but now everyone should be able to sign in to edit using their forum logins.

Posted 16 years ago #
  13. Old vamp player and vamp story teller. Love the new system. So depending on location and timing...very interested.

Posted 16 years ago #
  14. That's good to hear. Just email me some details and we can work it out. I have a really awesome campaign in mind. :)

Posted 16 years ago #
  15. Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

morglahan@yahoo.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 17): 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (morglahan@yahoo.com) [0] - mta147.mail.re3.yahoo.com

Your email is made of fail.

Posted 16 years ago #
  16. Try an extra a, like in kir forum user name?

Posted 16 years ago #
  17. I agree with that assertion, match my username and the email addy that I typped as in m o r g a l a h a n @ y a h o o . c o m to, um spell it out for you.

Your spelling is made of fail =P

Posted 16 years ago #
  18. Sorry, just saw that the 1st one I typed on the page is wrong, but the second one just above is right :)

Posted 16 years ago #
  19. Entire thread is fail :)...

Posted 16 years ago #
  20. :p to you then XD

Posted 16 years ago #
  21. I cant remember if i sent you mail?

Posted 16 years ago #
  22. Hi Everyone

I'm posting here because Yahoo is giving me trouble :( Wont let me reply from the landline...bastard 56k modem....

Anyway, I got your email Babyacid, but the reply was made of fail apparently, so I guess here's better than nowhere.

I have enough players now, so we can organise the get together/ character gen session. I will try again to do the email thing, hopefully it'll work now. The problem facing me now is that I seem to live in an unreachable place for some, Marina Da Gama next to Muizenberg. I need a place where we can chill for a few hours, meet, greet and create characters. Does anyone have any suggestions? I offer my house, that is if everyone can make it.

Hopefully the emails will go through, wish me luck :)

Posted 16 years ago #
  23. keeper

Replying to the email about the meet and greet. Busy Friday from 1930 onwards but have the whole weekend and thursday evening available. Next week I'm in PE from Monday till Thursday morning.

Posted 16 years ago #
  24. level

Excellent stuff,
    friday after 7 is good for me and can make anytime on the weekend except saturday night.
    Next week can make anytime during the week from 7 and the weekend is open.
    I have no problem with transport so good to go.

Posted 16 years ago #
  25. Have a fully booked weekend this weekend. Did you get my availability?

Posted 16 years ago #
  26. Hi everyone

It seems that this weekend is a little complicated...maybe next weekend? I dont want to be annoying, so I'd like to make sure that everyone's happy. I'd also like for everyone to be at the starting session/generation/meeting of fellow players.

I'm actually busy during the weekend, since I have a friends party to go to...maybe I was a little premature and sudded with naming friday.

Would everybody mind if I move it to next weekend sometime? it seems that everyone will be here then, and hopefully free, and we can plan it for a nice neutral time and day.

I do have a few questions that I'd like to ask

1. Do you mind if the campaign has a religous theme? The manula actually warns about people disliking the idea of vampires being invloved in the founding of christianity, so I thought I'd ask.

2. Would you prefer that I kept the campaign purely historical, or would you like to play something with the possibility of chaning history?

3. How realistic do you want the campaign to be? Would you mind some inclusion of the other WoD creatures, or do you want it strictly vampire? Would you like certain knowledge of the gods, or would you prefer to be kept in the dark, as it were?

4. Would you play a character of the opposite gender?

5. How much action vs roleplay time do you prefer?

The questions arent too serious, but the answers might help me make sure that everyones happy with the story. :)

Posted 16 years ago #
  27. keeper

Can make next Friday or Sunday. Saturday am busy from around 3 - 8pm.

Posted 16 years ago #
  28. level

I'm all good next weekend so just let me know.
    as for your questions:
    1 - I am not religeously sensitive
    2 - entirely up to you but such things may be hard to control.
    3 - once again up to you, but variety is always fun.
    4 - preferably not but can and will if needed.
    5 - tough one, it's got to be a good mix that depends on what is happening.

Posted 16 years ago #
  29. Ditto the above for my answers.

Posted 16 years ago #
  30. Ok Guys, so this weekend seems the right time. Anyone have any problems with a specific day? Friday would be good for me, but if there's a problem with it then I need people to say now so that we can organise well before hand.

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.