CLAWs Forums » LARPs

LARP on the 15th of February: "Call of the Beast"

(1 post)
  • Started 10 years ago by confluence
  1. From the mailing list:

Ahoy hoy,

LARP sign ups for O-week are now open. Beth is running Call of the Beast, this weekend, Saturday 15th

If you wish to sign up, contact James (dehaast dot james at gmail.com) or Beth (darkoutthere at gmail.com).

Here is a short blurb:

--------------------------------

Call of the Beast

by Bethany Tolson

There is a story, that my grandmother tells, that always make the hair on my arm stand on end. Mother says that it is just a story, that I shouldn't be so silly, I'm too old for ghost stories, and none of it is true anyway. It is always just as mother is saying that, that Grand-mama winks at me.

It all happened a very long time ago, when Grand-mama was just a girl. She was living with her older brother, Matt, and her parents near the seaside in Little River, South Carolina, one of the oldest and most unique towns in South Carolina.

Known for its fresh seafood, fishing charters, annual blue crab festival, and historic centuries-old live oak trees, it is one of the last communities on the Grand Strand where a slower pace of life still exists in a quaint fishing village. Or that is what Grand-mama says about the town where she used to live. Mother says it was dull, dirty and old fashioned.

The story starts with Matt coming home from Princeton for the summer holidays and his parents inviting some friends round for an evening party. They couldn't have known what lay in wait for them that night.

--------------------------------

Hurry, tickets are selling fast, and stay tuned for the second LARP announcement

Regards
    Guild Mistress James Andrew de Haast

More info:

Venue: Kramer 2A/2B, Middle Campus
    Time: briefings start at 18:00
    Cost: R30 (first-time LARPers play for free)

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.